gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 to 1 1/2 pounds per gallon is what I have been told, but being a rectangle tank it has less bottom surface area. So you can probably do less, I guess.

One and half to two lbs per gallon looks the best IMO. What are you planning on keeping in your tank?

EMTtony said:
1 to 1 1/2 pounds per gallon is what I have been told, but being a rectangle tank it has less bottom surface area. So you can probably do less, I guess.

I think you've confused 'rectangle' - the normal shape of a normal aquarium, with 'hexagonal' or 'tall' - which does in fact have a smaller foot print and less surface area.

malkore said:
EMTtony said:

I think you've confused 'rectangle' - the normal shape of a normal aquarium, with 'hexagonal' or 'tall' - which does in fact have a smaller foot print and less surface area.

HAHA!!! :lol: I had a massive brain infarct didn't I!!!!!!

I'm keeping FW fish in my aquarium. I plan on planting it at some point too. Do I need smaller rocks for planting?

if you are planting the tank, I would use approx 2 inches of gravel. I prefer smaller gravel for most plants just because it is less likely to harm the roots. However, if you have any fish that like to uproot plants you may need to use larger rocks so the fish can't move them. HTH!

Back
Top Bottom