green algae on my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No I was talking about the machines out front of the stores. No DI. You are OK.

I personally have never used DI water for any of my tanks. Just RO from the kitchen under sink unit. Never had a problem, and I have a tank full of sps. I did order the portable 150 system yesterday, can't wait to get it. No more moving the dishes to stick my 5 gallon bucket under the faucet. Love the 150 gallon output too, as my house one only makes 12 gallons a day.

I personally have never used DI water for any of my tanks. Just RO from the kitchen under sink unit. Never had a problem, and I have a tank full of sps. I did order the portable 150 system yesterday, can't wait to get it. No more moving the dishes to stick my 5 gallon bucket under the faucet. Love the 150 gallon output too, as my house one only makes 12 gallons a day.

The total gals per day will be very dependent on your water pressure. Once you have it hooked up, run it for at least 1/2 hour to get the manufacturing stuff out of it before you use it. I found mine really improved it's output after a couple of uses. Also, make sure you don't have any kinks in any of the tubing.

rdnelson99 said:
The total gals per day will be very dependent on your water pressure. Once you have it hooked up, run it for at least 1/2 hour to get the manufacturing stuff out of it before you use it. I found mine really improved it's output after a couple of uses. Also, make sure you don't have any kinks in any of the tubing.

Okay, will do, thanks. One other thought since I haven't seen the unit yet. Does the first prefilter contain carbon? I thought I heard somewhere a while back that when the first filter has carbon it removes chlorine type chemicals which greatly increases ro membrane life. I also noticed my home unit has a carbon / sediment prefilter as well. I'm not an expert though.

Okay, will do, thanks. One other thought since I haven't seen the unit yet. Does the first prefilter contain carbon? I thought I heard somewhere a while back that when the first filter has carbon it removes chlorine type chemicals which greatly increases ro membrane life. I also noticed my home unit has a carbon / sediment prefilter as well. I'm not an expert though.

If you get the POQ-4B-15 the second stage has carbon.

If you scroll down, you will see that it gives a description of each of the 4 stages. Stage 2 has carbon.

Back
Top Bottom