Green bubble growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hydrolite

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
image-834371634.jpg

image-1457396942.jpg

Just found this in my roomates tank. Can someone please help identify? Bad or good? Is this bubble algae or possibly egg sacs?

What is the best way to remove? I believe these can burst and spread if not removed properly. I heard male emerald crabs can be helpful? Any other natural suggestions?

Take the rock out of the tank and scrape it off. It comes off pretty easy.

Second that.... after scraping it, rinse it with tank water.

Emerald crabs can get a taste for corals. Some do, some don't, but not worth the risk, IMO.

Agree got rid of mine he developed a taste for my hammer coral. Almost killed a entire head and it is still struggling. :(

It may be only my opinion, but it's not a question of if, but rather when. Crabs are opportunistic feeders that will eat whatever they can find. I have had two emeralds. The first attacked three corals within an hour of introducing. The second was well behaved for over two months before it ate a coral to death. Browse the forums and you'll find many similar stories. Avoid crabs. Which sucks because they're really cool.

Back
Top Bottom