Green long hair algae out of control!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plumbum1984

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:(Please Help I Have A 28gal Nano Cube and the green long hair algae is taking over my tank..my water is perfect phosphate:0.0--Ammonia: 0.0---Nitrite:0.0---Nitrate:0.0---P.H:8.2---Salinity:1.025---Temp:78-79.8---light is on for 8hr's a day and im using di water tank is about 16 weeks old and id reather not take out my rocks :thanks:

the water is perfect because the hair algae is sucking out all the phosphates and nitrates

what type of water are you using make sure there are 0 po4 in the water you use for a PWC and keep changign the water until the algae is gone

Probably because it's still new, it's not by a window is it? That COULD be the worst place to put your tank.

the water is perfect because the hair algae is sucking out all the phosphates and nitrates

what type of water are you using make sure there are 0 po4 in the water you use for a PWC and keep changign the water until the algae is gone

he mentioned that he used DI water.

Do you have any corals yet? If not, just leave the lights off, that would help too

I agree with leave'n the lights off for a while but I also gotta ask what do you have for a CUC?

I do have a few corals so I only cut the light back to six hours a day..is it safe to go less? My clean up crew conceits of three emerald crabs about 8 red hermits,sand sifting star, turbo snail and a cleaner shrimp... hermits and crabs do even seem to touch the algae fish wise I have two small clowns and three small damsels just recently added the second clown before I had my out break was going to remove at lease one of the damsels but can't get my hands on them.... I've tried just about every thing in the links listed above but I did read a little about vodka dousing but don't know if it's a good idea I've been doing my water changes once a week sence day one 10% and now 20% I think I made the hole problem worse by trying to remove by hand should I not do so? Thanks

Codyheitmiller said:
Starry lawnmower will do the trick, and great fish too

That's what I was going to do but the guy at the lfs said I already have more of a cuc in my 28 than he has in his 50,, and that I need to fix the problem at the source to take out all of the lr and scrub it and if the lawnmower fish runs out of algae to eat it will die and wipe out the hole tank

Codyheitmiller said:
Not true, they can be fed sea weed strips. That's what I feed mine and it loves it

Well [moderator edit] I guess I'll try it what can it hurt I'll pick one up Sunday that's if the world don't end saturday

Last edited by a moderator:
Codyheitmiller said:

Well bud it kind of scares me too but what can you do the bad thing is at 6:00 I'll be in the middle of 30-40 thal people at the dc101 chili cook off rocking out to seether and what If people just start vanishing and I don't just gives you something to think about but the same guy prodicted it to end in 1994 or whatever... How old are you because all of the old fish I talk to laugh at me

20. I still believe it though, yet I continue to buy more fish. Idk what's going to happen to them, and who's going to do my water changes if I go up with them.

i'll take your tank if anything happens and your money, and your house

Well lil man don't you stress over it if anything is going to happen it's going to be 2012 that's If Saturdays not the beginning but. Like I said what can you do! Nothing happened in 2000 so let's all prey that it will be the same and yea call it what you want to call it and ha bin laden said we would get him when the world ends and hackteck stop hacking my ps3 lol

Well lil man don't you stress over it if anything is going to happen it's going to be 2012 that's If Saturdays not the beginning but. Like I said what can you do! Nothing happened in 2000 so let's all prey that it will be the same and yea call it what you want to call it and ha bin laden said we would get him when the world ends and hackteck stop hacking my ps3 lol

lol i need to knock the cobwebs off mine actually havent played it in a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom