Green Neons OK with a single Bolivian Ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PNWaquarist

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, the folks at AqAdvisor.com state that the Bolivian Ram is too aggressive to co-exist with Green Neons (presumably due to their size... the slightly larger regular Neons are OK with Bolivians, according to them). Does anybody have experience with these two species in the same tank? I was under the impression that single Bolivians are relatively docile and that Green Neons are mid/upper dwellers, so it's difficult for me to see how this mix would be a problem.

So, the folks at AqAdvisor.com state that the Bolivian Ram is too aggressive to co-exist with Green Neons (presumably due to their size... the slightly larger regular Neons are OK with Bolivians, according to them). Does anybody have experience with these two species in the same tank? I was under the impression that single Bolivians are relatively docile and that Green Neons are mid/upper dwellers, so it's difficult for me to see how this mix would be a problem.

I have no experience with the two species together, but I have heavily researched green neons and I have a single Bolivian ram. He doesn't bother my cardinal tetras which like to swim past him and he doesn't care about my diamond tetras. I think it would be fine, AqAdvisor isn't all that accurate. It's funny though because I typed in for a 200 gallon fantasy tank 12 Bolivians, 40 emperor tetras, 64 green neons, and 8 discus.

Sent via TIE Fighter

I had a pair of german blue rams with a school or green neons and I never had any problems.

German blue rams are a bit smaller and more peaceful.

Sent via TIE Fighter

More peaceful than Bolivians? Can't say I agree with that.

Either way, depending on the individual, I see no issues with this mix

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

More peaceful than Bolivians? Can't say I agree with that.

Either way, depending on the individual, I see no issues with this mix

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

To each his own... I see no problems either.

Sent via TIE Fighter

If they are smaller greens than it could be food, they will hang lower in the tank. I keep em with gbr and it's all love.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

AqAdvisor isn't all that accurate.

Yep, and this is exactly why I came here to ask.

Thanks, all, for the feedback.

If they are smaller greens than it could be food, they will hang lower in the tank. I keep em with gbr and it's all love.

Are you saying that Green Neons occupy the lower strata? I was always under the impression that they occupied the middle/top of the tank.

Yep, and this is exactly why I came here to ask.

Thanks, all, for the feedback.

Are you saying that Green Neons occupy the lower strata? I was always under the impression that they occupied the middle/top of the tank.

They go where they want..

Varying shots from the last few months and they're always mid to lower in the tank..

Attachments

• 1435371121205.jpg
    1435371121205.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 1435371212647.jpg
    1435371212647.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 1435371261486.jpg
    1435371261486.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 96
Varying shots from the last few months and they're always mid to lower in the tank..

Ah, good to know.

And a very nicely-planted tank as well!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom