Green sevreums pair, moving babies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Small update, or actually kind of a huge update lol. I have about 15 Severum fry that survived, they are all currently the size of the one in the picture. They are doing good :). But guess what!?!? They laid more eggs about a week ago. The eggs hatched, & now the parents are currently guarding another 60 or so in the 175 gallon. Long story short, I have a bunch of Green Severums now. :eek:.

I'm sooo jealous!!!!

I bought a new severum a few days ago- to replace the little 1.5 inch one that died within days of my buying it. This one is about 3.5 inches measured to the base of the tail. The pet shop I got this one from will replace fish if they get sick or die within 7 days of purchase (provided a water sample shows the tank is cycled). The lfs I got the other one from can't afford to do that.

Do you know how to tell the difference between the males and females? As soon as one becomes available, I want to get a gold sev, but I don't want them to have hybrid offspring, so I would want 2 of the same sex.
Other than a bumblebee goby, he is currently the only non-bottom dweller in the 6x2x2 tank.

Hey, how much to small sevs go for where you are? $16-$20 here (WHEN you can get them)

I'm sooo jealous!!!! I bought a new severum a few days ago- to replace the little 1.5 inch one that died within days of my buying it. This one is about 3.5 inches measured to the base of the tail. The pet shop I got this one from will replace fish if they get sick or die within 7 days of purchase (provided a water sample shows the tank is cycled). The lfs I got the other one from can't afford to do that. Do you know how to tell the difference between the males and females? As soon as one becomes available, I want to get a gold sev, but I don't want them to have hybrid offspring, so I would want 2 of the same sex. Other than a bumblebee goby, he is currently the only non-bottom dweller in the 6x2x2 tank. Hey, how much to small sevs go for where you are? $16-$20 here (WHEN you can get them)

I had 3 Green Severums, one got killed by some fire mouths I used to have :/. So I was left with 2. One is about 4-5 inches long, the other only about 2-3 inches long. I think the female is the smaller one, but I honestly have no idea. I am not sure how to tell the difference. Sorry.

Umm, I got mine when they were small for about $8 each I believe. But if I can figure out how to ship these, I'll give you a couple as long as you can pay for shipping.

I had 3 Green Severums, one got killed by some fire mouths I used to have :/. So I was left with 2. One is about 4-5 inches long, the other only about 2-3 inches long. I think the female is the smaller one, but I honestly have no idea. I am not sure how to tell the difference. Sorry. Umm, I got mine when they were small for about $8 each I believe. But if I can figure out how to ship these, I'll give you a couple as long as you can pay for shipping.

Lol thanks, but I'm in Australia :)

Back
Top Bottom