Greetings from Central Cali

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NoTownKasper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Aloha everyone. My name's Kasper (on the net anyway) and as you can probably all tell, I'm new here. I actually found this place while googling for info about my new 5-gal aquarium (Yes, I was stupid. I set up and bought fish before reading...so now I'm rushing to play catch-up and not hurt the fish.) which, at the moment features a few fake plants, 3 gorgeous guppies(male), 2 tetras and a tiny cat that for the life of me I can't remember the name of. I'm an animal person, but I tend to operate on instinct (Which is how I end up doing things like setting up aquariums without reading.) "Oh it should be ok." is a common thought in my brain which is partially why I joined up...trying to break that habit before I break my fish. Previous animal experience: Rats (been raising them for over 15 years.) Dogs (Even longer, various breeds.) Goldfish (An aquarium when I was a kid...like...5 or 6...would've been nice if someone thought to tell me I couldn't "cuddle" the fish...) So as you can probably see, this is my first real aquarium (You can raise goldfish in a coffee-pot for crying out loud...though it is probably miserable for the poor fish.) so i'll probably be asking all sorts of questions for a while. Lessee...anything else y'all wanna know...feel free to ask. I'll probably be watching this thread for a couple days at least, and thanks in advance for any information you folks are kind enough to share. Mahalo. :)

Welcome! I started out the same way 5-6 years ago in middle school because I kept killing my gouramis ><. Good thing you started early

Anyways,

does your catfish look like this
panda_cory_cat.JPG

pleco.jpg

or this?
zebtall.jpg

The first one is a corydora, second is a plecostomas, the third is an otocinclus. Those are the more common of the catfish imo

Well...it's coloring is more like the plecostomus, but body and fin shape is a lot like the otoc. It's so tiny it's hard to tell, my vision isn't the best on the planet and it spends it's time mostly hiding around the base of the plants. At the moment the tetras are slightly bigger.

Back
Top Bottom