GROUPER QUESTION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EXVISOR13

Aquarium Advice Regular
I decided to by a grouper as from what I read there hardy and durible
I found a nice size grouper ,i forget the name but he is about 8 to 10 inches long and will do dood with my puffer who is 12 inches long ,my question is this i know groupers like to hide but do i need to have the rock set up with some caves to hide in ?
The reason I ask is he is a beautiful fish ,kind of a grey color with a yellow and blue tail, hate to have a fish that will be hiding in the rock 90% of the time, the tank he came from has no rock in it at all
also i notice he likes to come up to my puffer and rub his body against the puffers ,the puffer does not mind one bit but i have to ask, what's that all about?

Groupers are predatory fish, in the wild the ambush their lunch.. thats where the hiding rocks might come from. If he looks fine with the amount of rock u have at the moment i wouldnt bother adding any more. But on the flipside if he looks agitated i'd consider adding more as soon as possible.. as for the puffer rubbing.. very unusual.. is the puffer in a certain position in the tank when he does this? if so he might be wanting to move the puffer to establish some territory!

Back
Top Bottom