Guess the species?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoutylad22

Aquarium Advice Activist
IMG_1476900014.414671.jpgIMG_1476900042.345651.jpgIMG_1476900064.445686.jpgIMG_1476900082.162341.jpg

I currently have 11 of these in my tank. They are fascinating fish to watch and even more so when they are spawning.

How big are they? Maybe a penguin tetra.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

harlequin rasbora maybe. They tend to be orangey pink

I don't think its a penguin as there strips go full length of body.

I wouldn't put money on this bet but I believe they are the Rasbora (Trigonostigma somphongsi). Check out what you find with this name and keep us posted please. They look so much like a mutated Black Neon that I was almost sure they were a tank bred mix but then I looked up rasboras in my books and think I found it. (y)

Chocolate neons!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't put money on this bet but I believe they are the Rasbora (Trigonostigma somphongsi). Check out what you find with this name and keep us posted please. They look so much like a mutated Black Neon that I was almost sure they were a tank bred mix but then I looked up rasboras in my books and think I found it. (y)

You are absolutely right my friend. They are indeed Trigonostigma Somphongsi. I'm really enjoying keeping these fish at the moment so much so that I'm breeding them.

You are absolutely right my friend. They are indeed Trigonostigma Somphongsi. I'm really enjoying keeping these fish at the moment so much so that I'm breeding them.

They are definitely an interesting fish to look at. :D It's amazing how some old fish are just now starting to make a comeback to the market. I haven't seen these in the states tho for decades. :( Enjoy them. :D(y)

Back
Top Bottom