guppies pooping white poop...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mariah

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 10g tank. Its been set up for a while. It had two cichlids in it for a grow out. A betta was then put in it but now there is guppies. I got three female guppies on Sunday so 4-5 days ago. They are now pooping white poop. Its not stringie... it looks the same as regular poop but clear. I do believe they have been eating fine every day. I just put in two day old molly fry today. Five of them. I noticed the poop this morning. There see some long pieces and i don't know what it is... the cichlids that i had in there about 3 weeks ago stopped eating and had a parasite which i treated with api general treatment before selling them... this isn't a parasite is it!?!? I REALLY hope that it is not. Please help! :(

I have a 10g tank. Its been set up for a while. It had two cichlids in it for a grow out. A betta was then put in it but now there is guppies. I got three female guppies on Sunday so 4-5 days ago. They are now pooping white poop. Its not stringie... it looks the same as regular poop but clear. I do believe they have been eating fine every day. I just put in two day old molly fry today. Five of them. I noticed the poop this morning. There see some long pieces and i don't know what it is... the cichlids that i had in there about 3 weeks ago stopped eating and had a parasite which i treated with api general treatment before selling them... this isn't a parasite is it!?!? I REALLY hope that it is not. Please help! :(

The cichlids had stopped eating and i had to do two treatments to get them better... it couldn't have lived that long and after two parasite treatments. My betta is in a different tank by himself and his poop is normal and he is eating still. He was in there for well over a week. Also, when i bought them one was for sure pregnant and one was kind of iffy but the third was skinny. I don't know if it just happened to be the time where they pop but two days ago the big one got box shaped and the other two are quite big now. The females also chase each other and fight/pick on each other.. help

This is what it looks like ... two forsure ate this morning but one was being a bit picky... what should i do?

ForumRunner_20140214_103337.jpg

ForumRunner_20140214_103355.jpg

ForumRunner_20140214_103409.jpg

Back
Top Bottom