Wanted: guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
Joined
Mar 14, 2011
Messages
5,287
Location
Iowa
Hi, I am going to be breeding guppies soon, and I need to find some good breeding ones. I am particularly interested in :
-green cobra male
-blue tail male and female (this is not a type, it is a feature I want)
-gold cobra male
-any with a lot of color
-fancy guppies
Please post pictures, too.
Thankyou,
-maxwellag
 
ahhh i just started breeding guppies and dont have any breeders to part with or else i would, have some awesome colors/combos too
 
huma-huma said:
ahhh i just started breeding guppies and dont have any breeders to part with or else i would, have some awesome colors/combos too

What about fry? Could you send me any? I will pay you... I would like to know what strains they are, and please put pictures of their parents so I can see what they will probably look like
 
i only have 2 fry and a random juvenile from about 2 months ago...the juvenile is a fm with black spots on tail and top fin..and shes showing some yellow florescence... let me get a pic if possible. like i said im just starting out and havent even seperated into specific colors yet (trying to get some weird color combos first)
 
huma-huma said:
i only have 2 fry and a random juvenile from about 2 months ago...the juvenile is a fm with black spots on tail and top fin..and shes showing some yellow florescence... let me get a pic if possible. like i said im just starting out and havent even seperated into specific colors yet (trying to get some weird color combos first)

A picture would be great! Thanks.
 
ok couldnt get a good juvenile pic:( but heres a relatively decent pic of my favorite...hes an bright redish/orange fancy with amazing spots
283180_180801708654318_100001734711521_450756_2642935_n.jpg

and heres a decent shot of the majority of them...i like the black fancies, they have a hint of yellow as well..all were tank bred and raised by a gentleman thats been breeding them for a few years..
267369_180801791987643_100001734711521_450759_1313638_n.jpg

obviously not champion guppies but im not going for that..im aiming more for new color combos..
 
I like how the black one has such a long tail! Me am going for mostly cobra guppies though.....
 
jetajockey said:
I've got fry/unsexed juveniles of - black bar endler, chilli endler, bluegrass thai, RREA redgrass thai, metalhead platinum, full gold @ $2 per fish.

But since they are fry, you don't know which ones are what kind, am I correct? Also, please post pictures of the fry. If all the fry look the same, please post pictures of their parents.
 
Got blue tux can get hands on, fancy, blue bodies and fins with a red half stripe, I'll try to get some pics if interested, probly not close enough though.

They are used as feeder fish so have every size and a Lot of morphs
 
dollabill420 said:
Got blue tux can get hands on, fancy, blue bodies and fins with a red half stripe, I'll try to get some pics if interested, probly not close enough though.

They are used as feeder fish so have every size and a Lot of morphs

Please try to get pics... im always interested in guppies! :)
 
jetajockey said:
I have them all segregated in separate tanks, so I know which are which. I have 12 tanks set up for guppies as well as 6 tubs outside.

pics at the links
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/chili-endlers-160121.html
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/new-natives-and-some-random-guppy-pics-152230.html

jetajockey said:
i really need to take some updated pics of the fish, at the time I didn't have a photo tank setup so I was at the mercy of the dirty tank glass and sub-par lighting :s

I like the blue ones... do you have any green cobras?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom