Guppy Breeding Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I see. Maybe you could use a blow up child's pool? The ones with the clear sides with fish printed on it might be fun! I wanted to try that, but I can't find a fish hardy enough to withstand the Arizona heat and the cold waves around this time of year. It was 85° today, the weekend forecast says 55°! Isnt that insane? If you know of a fish that might be hardy enough, tell me! :)

Native and other cold-water or subtropical fish. The temp swings aren't as bad with larger water volumes, also avoid keeping tubs in direct sun in hot climates.

I don't think you'll find much cheaper than the 20g utility tubs but I've heard of people turning old hot tubs and kiddie pools into ponds. Feed troughs and half barrels work also.

I was thinking a blow up kiddie pool. Any ideas on a fish that would do well in this climate? Like a specific species?

I was thinking about getting some bathtubs from a junk yard and using them but kiddie pool is up there may just get one a lot with a tub

I was on Craigslist and a guy is selling 300g open top plastic tubs $100 so I was thinking about that its 47"x43"x39"

You could get some gold fish and to help with the heat get a cover over it like a blue tarp or something

I don't like goldfish, they're just not the cleanest fish in my experience. ^^

Put some guppies in just give them shade

Some may die but a lot will live

How many more days do you think? I wanna say like 4 and I think she will have around 15 fry

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120315_220804.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120315_220804.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 80
I wanna say closer to 25 fry and 6-7 more days :) mine STILL hasn't popped yet! I'm waiting anxiously! Can you guys give a good guess? I'm not really sure how long she has cuz she came from the store pregnant!

alia258 said:
I wanna say closer to 25 fry and 6-7 more days :) mine STILL hasn't popped yet! I'm waiting anxiously! Can you guys give a good

She's VERY VERY ready now! Translucent fish are so much easier than my solid mollies..

But she's looked ready for almost a week now, which is why I'm so lost...

Hmmm I don't think that ones gonna work again, since she avoided the last time just to prove you wrong ;P hahaha! I'm hoping she has them soon! Otherwise id be worried!

Well technically she did give birth to something on Sunday, although it was pre/post birth or unfertilised sacs!?

No, I put the other one in and since it was her first birth I guess she started popping them out too early. So you've got the wrong fish ;P I hope Blondies next birth goes better! Noir has been holding her babies in :<

I'm finding that I have about four times as many femalesas males. I have approximately 175 fry.

I would believe that there're more females than males :) (it was my guess) ^^

Hey everyone great news one of my guppies had a drop around 15. The mom is in my "guppy pond" (25g tub). I didnt even think she would be having her drop anytime soon.
So I have a question to ask everyone can I put 3 week old fry with new born fry? Also can you put 3 week old with 1 week old?
It would just be for a week.

You can mix fry and young guppy yes, just make sure they all eat and the smaller ones aren't out competed!!

Has anyone tried the auto feeders you can get at walmart?

Back
Top Bottom