Guppy, cory cat, and ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppycory

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello guys.
I have a question about Guppy, cory cat, and ghost shrimp live together?

I have 5 guppies and 3 cory cats in 20g tank now and will add couple of more guppies and ghost shrimps.

I heard ghost shrimps are really good algae cleaners so i want about 10.

The question is that there will be any problem with ghost shrimps and guppy fries in the same tank?

Thank you.

guppycory said:
Hello guys.
I have a question about Guppy, cory cat, and ghost shrimp live together?

I have 5 guppies and 3 cory cats in 20g tank now and will add couple of more guppies and ghost shrimps.

I heard ghost shrimps are really good algae cleaners so i want about 10.

The question is that there will be any problem with ghost shrimps and guppy fries in the same tank?

Thank you.

I've honestly had Ghosties eat my Nyererei fry. There is no other explanation. It was just the fry and the shrimp together and within a week ALL my fry disappeared. Since I've rehomed the shrimp I haven't had any other disappearances.

I have a few Guppies, 4 Cory Cats, and 6 Ghost Shrimp along with a few others in my tank with no issues. My tank is a bit planted though, it gives the ghosties more hiding spots.

butterfly_koi said:
I have a few Guppies, 4 Cory Cats, and 6 Ghost Shrimp along with a few others in my tank with no issues. My tank is a bit planted though, it gives the ghosties more hiding spots.

Oh i am happy to hear ghosties are safe w/ others. How about guppy fries? Have you seen fries got eaten by ghosties?

I have once actually, the ghosty ran to the top of one of my plants and nabbed one from the top. I chased him with the net for a while until I finally gave up and let him have his prize. He ran around with it tucked under his belly to keep it away from the others then buried it in the sand. Kinda funny to watch actually. Other than that - that was the only time I've ever had an issue. He is a crafty little thing though. He often grabs the algae wafers I throw in for the cories, holds it above his head and runs to a certain spot and tries to bury that as well.
I think that its safe to say that it all depends on the creature itself. Some have had success and others have not.

Back
Top Bottom