guppy&molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vikki.kixx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i'm having a bit of an issue in my tank right now.
i have a guppy that is constantly swimming after my female molly. he isnt nipping at her fins he keeps going towards her well lack of a better way of saying it..he keeps going to where her poop comes out. and i have two mollies in the tank a male and female and 4 guppies. yet its the same guppy bother the same molly. why is that?

some deets on my tank.
i have a 37 gallon tank. its well planted and i have a castle type decoration in it. i have 4 guppies. 2 mollies. 1 swordtail wag and 1 red wag. 2 red claw crabs and (3 baby guppies and 2 red wag babies in a net breeder)

I have had guppies and mollies do that. Essentially, it sounds like they are trying to breed.

They will do that if there is no female guppy present, because he is a male and he wants to impregnigat her if you dont like it then you could just put 2 females in there

In my experience with this happening no there was no breeding occuring and they were together for a year, but they could maybe make them breed artificially

Back
Top Bottom