Guppys and apistos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nastyy:p if you plan on running it full time?? My advice.. Junk the Ugf for an hob and clip on the led!

Tell me about it the Guppys have done nothing but poop, only running it till fry is big enough for transfer but I have been looking at ADF but not sure if they would go in there with maybe a betta haha ;-)

Brookster should I be worried? I don't see my cacs all that oftern they come out when I come in from work get fed then hide away again it's been like this for about a week now, I don't think they have been breeding because she hasn't really changed in colour as I have seen on pics, really the question is do I have anti social fish? Hahaha

If they're in the cave all the time?? Probably breeding.. No reason for them to be hiding.. I've heard the male will take all the females and create a harem.. You my friend may have yourself a harem there..

I have noticed that they will come out and then once they are done eatting he will chase her until she starts to turn on her side as if she is submitting and then they go back in the cave all flaired out looks brutal but they say treat them mean keeps'em keen hahaha

Hahaha mine must be a like an old married couple than.. He just gives her a quick rush and she's done.. When she's ready to breed though she'll chase him all over the place until he goes in the cave.. My new panduros are a different story.. Whenever he sees her he missile launches at her and chases until she just points up at the surface.. It's stressful to watch.

Have you tried taking him out and letting the female stake her claim to a cave or do you think they ain't at that stage and just getting used to a new home?

I haven't no, going to re arrange the tank a bit but if that doesn't help I'm thinking of taking him back if doesn't calm down..

She doesn't hide in caves, rather up behind the filter intake. I will add another small cave with a tiny entrance just for her. They need to really pair up or else it will never work.. It's been 4 days with no love..

It's a shame hopefully they sort them selfs out, did you just get 1m 1f?
I was half expecting it, I was informed how aggressive they are beforehand.. Just 1 of each, I was told getting 2 f to one male would surely result in a death..

Just thinking if I put my hand in next to the cave would they attack my hand because I have noticed the Cory's stay away from that area

Back
Top Bottom