Has anyone used this fixture before??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pufferlove

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys have you seen this fixture before my guy at my LFS said it was strong enough to sustain corals in my 10 gallon Nano

Attachments

• image-701366720.jpg
    image-701366720.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 92
I own this light right now.. its a decent light but its only 12W total. Only good for soft corals, no LPS, SPS, anemones or anything like that. I'm actually returning mine and getting an Odyssea T5 HO 4 bulb light(total of 72W)

I have a larger version of this light. They did a great job of using an odd sized bulb so you can only replace them with their bulbs. Mine was a 4 bulb t5ho and could barely sustain LPS.

hpiguy said:
Coralife belongs to the same people that own Aqueon. Just FYI.

This model doesn't get the best reviews on quality.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 36013 Mini Aqualight T5 Light Fixture

+1 for the link. nothing but 1 star reviews on amazon. Honestly I didn't like the light the second I found out there was only 1 switch for the lights unlike Odyssea where you can control white or blue or led lights. Not worth the money I paid for it.

Idk I looked around and there were a lot of 4-5 star reviews on some other sites I guess it is pretty much a toss up on weather you get a good one or not

Pufferlove said:
Idk I looked around and there were a lot of 4-5 star reviews on some other sites I guess it is pretty much a toss up on weather you get a good one or not

Yeah it all depends on what kind of corals you want to keep, originally I was only gonna keep soft corals but then changed my mind and realized this light wasn't gonna b strong enough

I had that light for a fuge light. It went bad 3x's after only a few weeks, one lasted a few days. Returned it for a 3rd time and called it came over for the light.

Also I didn't like dealing with customer service. They made it out like it was my fault.

I also tried two separate ones for my fuge and all went bad. Horrible quality!

Well I am stuck now my LFS won't take it back because "it is against their return policy" so I an stuck with it so I guess it isn't even powerful enough for softys

Pufferlove said:
Well I am stuck now my LFS won't take it back because "it is against their return policy" so I an stuck with it so I guess it isn't even powerful enough for softys

Call the company see what they say.

If the LFS store wont take it back, do not deal with that local fish store anymore. Any fish store worth a **** will take a returned fixture. They simply screwed you on purpose, take it as a lesson learned on how some crappy fish stores do business.

Schism said:
If the LFS store wont take it back, do not deal with that local fish store anymore. Any fish store worth a **** will take a returned fixture. They simply screwed you on purpose, take it as a lesson learned on how some crappy fish stores do business.

Once again Schism nailed it. Poor advice from the LFS. I they knew any better they would told you the light wouldn't support anything. That light is used a lot as a fuge light.

Schism said:
Definitly will never go there again
Convict2161 said:
Once again Schism nailed it. Poor advice from the LFS. I they knew any better they would told you the light wouldn't support anything. That light is used a lot as a fuge light.
yeah I know now am going to buy this what do you think

http://www.aquatraders.com/20-inch-4x18W-T5-Aquarium-Light-Fixture-p/52302.htm

That's the one I think I'm getting too!! Lol I have a 60" odyssea light for my FW tank and its amazing.. only thing that sucks is the little LEDs don't last very long :/

Yeah but the price is great cheapest thing I have seen that still supports corals will it support all corals

Back
Top Bottom