Has my tank cycled or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Duppu said:
Oh!! I'm so happy I've solved the problem and my fish seems all happy happy :)
I checked the water this morning and found everything under control. Its going to be real fun :dance:

For all your advice through the way:thanks:

Thats good to hear and yw !!!!

Yippie!! My blue-black betta (Bittu as I call him) is celebrating 1 month in my tank :dance:

I added newly purchased gravel (white epoxy coated ones to be safe) and my tank is all set. I bought 5 tertras a couple of weeks ago. I had doubts about Bittu and the new guests getting along with each other...but they seem to be all fine and happy!! Initially the tetras were a little afraid of him; but they have found their strategy of getting away from him. So there's no violence in the tank (y)

I will be adding more fishes a little later. May be 2-3 and would like to have some suggestions :fish1:

Yippie!! My blue-black betta (Bittu as I call him) is celebrating 1 month in my tank :dance:

I added newly purchased gravel (white epoxy coated ones to be safe) and my tank is all set. I bought 5 tertras a couple of weeks ago. I had doubts about Bittu and the new guests getting along with each other...but they seem to be all fine and happy!! Initially the tetras were a little afraid of him; but they have found their strategy of getting away from him. So there's no violence in the tank (y)

I will be adding more fishes a little later. May be 2-3 and would like to have some suggestions :fish1:

Congrats! That's great!! How big is your tank again? :)

Thats great,they all settling in ok :)

Congrats! That's great!! How big is your tank again? :)

Its 10 gallons...I think I have space for 2-3. I dont want to add any schooling fish...I want to add more variety to the tank...so I'm looking for fishes that can be happy by themselves in company of the existing ones.

Its 10 gallons...I think I have space for 2-3. I dont want to add any schooling fish...I want to add more variety to the tank...so I'm looking for fishes that can be happy by themselves in company of the existing ones.

I think.with a 10 gallon,you are limited what fish you can have in a small tank,as you have tetras and a Betta,thats about enough for size of your tank,what kind are your tetras ?

What kind of tetras did you get?

There aren't many single fish that can get along with a betta; a sparkling gourami could be done if the betta wasn't there but bettas and gouramis are often a bad mix. Same with guppies due to their long fins. You might just be fully stocked for the size tank and fish you have (a good reason to upgrade maybe ;))

Back
Top Bottom