Have a problem..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fozzy225

Aquarium Advice Activist
Went to turn my light on today and it didn't work.I narrowed it down to I have a bad ballast.went to the LFS around me and guy was trying to charge me $100 for a new ballast.went online and found one for $35.but will take a few days to get here. My question is will my coral be ok for a few days without light?

I'm not sure but if it was me i wouldnt chance it. Try find'n a cheaper deal reasonably close by. but I also think you might get a better answer from someone more knowlegable if you post this same question in a different thread like SICK FISH AND CORALS and maybe post an exclamation mark icon when you submit it. Good luck.

did all your lights go out? Not sure if you have multiple bulbs /ballasts. If you have any light left depending on your corals you might make it. might. I also would really try to find something that doesnt require shipping, maybe you can get expediated shipping on the ballast? Still wouldn't cost $100 I wouldnt think.

Good luck. You are in a spot I have nightmares about.

I got one from my LFS for 30 bucks!!! It may be work getting one next day air....

Well I have a temporary fix.lucky me my friend had an extra light I could borrow until my the new parts come in.thanks everyone for your input...

Back
Top Bottom