Have you ever seen such a thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldfishLover123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Recently I had noticed my fish tank seemed yellow. The more I looked at it I realized there were actually only a couple spots that looked yellow. I investigated further and found these weird sacs on my tank lid. Anyone ever see this before our could tell me what it is?

ForumRunner_20131028_192735.jpg

ForumRunner_20131028_192747.jpg

Those are snail eggs. If they are laid out of the water on the tank lid you must have mystery snails.

Snail eggs... I don't think so. I don't even have snails. When I cleaned it off there wasn't anything in them.

If that was on ur clear lens it's algae, usually it grows there when water from the tank slashes into to the light lens

Weirdest case of algae I've ever seen but defiantly more probable than eggs of any sort. Thank you!

I've had that too. I think it's algae growing on bubbles and water droplets on your tank lid. Just wipe it off. I don't know why it makes your tank yellow though. The yellowness could be tannins from driftwood. How long has it been since you wiped that glass off?

No driftwood in my tank. My theory is that it only looked yellow because of the gunk on the top. Cleaned it up now it's not yellow. In fact I didn't realize how dirty it was until after I cleaned it. Huge difference!

Back
Top Bottom