Having bad luck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leikela

Aquarium Advice Activist
Why on earth can I not keep mollies? First I had three (1m 2f - was trying to get all of one gender), they got on fine for the first 4/5 months which was great! Then my male started getting aggressive with one of my girls who took to hiding behind the filter to get away. So out went the boy. He was fine with his new tank mates for a while, but now it seems he may have snacked on a baby guppy so I removed him. The two girls were fine up until yesterday but now Snowball is bullying Fuego and stressing her out so she (Fuego) now hides most of the day.

Is this normal behaviour? I don't like seeing them stressed, especially if there's something I can do to help.

mollies can be aggressive to each other... how large is the tank that you keep them in?

I have them in a 20G long tank - is that big enough?

a 20 gallon long is big enough, but it really depends on if you have enough hiding spots. If you dont, just throw some plastic plants in there, that's what someone that I know does when his convicts are stressing one another (pair)

a 20 gallon long is big enough, but it really depends on if you have enough hiding spots. If you dont, just throw some plastic plants in there, that's what someone that I know does when his convicts are stressing one another (pair)
I agree. Do you have ssome plants or decor for them to retreat to if necessary?

I have three caves, java moss, maybe 20- 25 other plants so there's quite a bit of cover. Fuego has always been laid back, Snowball was bullied quite badly by Domino (boy) but now she's the one who is bullying Fuego!

Back
Top Bottom