Having some issues..fin rot maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CA_BroncoFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
So last night while doing my nightly health checks i realized 4 out of my 8 harlequin rasboras were not lookin so good. They were just posted in different parts of the tank not really moving and when they did it looked like they were gliding not really swimming. I do my water changes every wednesday so i figured a 60% water change would do.

I woke up this morning to find that 2 of the 4 were dead, just lying on the bottom and the other 2 were getting ready to bit it. With further inspection i saw that their front fins looked as if someone had dipped them in glue. They looked like clubbed fins i guess. Could this be fin rot?

Side note, i did about a 75% change. I noticed my heater wasnt performing so i used another i had. I cant get a new water tester till next week so that sucks. Also, all the other fish (cherry barbs, neons, oto's) are fine. Happy and healthy and swimming normal. The remaining HR's are fine as well and their colors are vibrant and not dull. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
We'll see what happens as i just switched over to a purigen set up to cut costs and from what i hear provide better quality for the fish.

Do lots of water changes... like 50% daily. You may even throw in some pimafix and melafix. If it is finrot, clean water and those two NATURAL meds will help cure it, clean water alone will, but the meds help. On a side note, read through floyd r turbo's post on recharging purigen... if not done correctly it can cause major issues!

Back
Top Bottom