hawaiian blue dot puffer info needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andre

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey guys,
im just starting up my 25g live rock tank so far i have a green chromis, yellow tailed damsel fish, and a pajama cardinal. they are all doing great its been almost a week and im looking to add new fish. im really really hoping to get a puffer fish and out of the small ones i lilke the hawaiian blue puffer or fiji blue puffer the best but im not sure on exactly how big it can get. ive heard 3 inches max all the way up to 6 max so if someone could please post as much info as you know that would be nice :) and if he can't work would a valentini work? thnx!

-andre

I don't have a saltwater tank, so I can't really help you.
But the SW experts will probably want more information to answer your questions.

Such as: How old is the tank? How long has it been cycled? When did you add your other fish? What are your water parameters? ammonia, nitrite, nitrate etc.

And maybe more about your setup. Filtering, protein skimmer, powerheads, etc.

And some pics would be cool! I like pictures. (I'm planning my saltwater tank... but have to get my 125 gallon fw setup first)

Dave

ok the tank cycled a week with just the saltwater then another 3 with about 15-20 lbs of live rock then i added the three fish which was almost a week ago ive been feeding them frozen brine shrimp and they seem to love it they havent seemed sick or anything so far so id say they are doing alright as far as the equipment and stuff ill put that on my tank info and ill have a few pictures up by the end of the day :)

yea thats what im looking for but thats also what is confusing me see i have a book that lists different fish for saltwater aquariums and stuff and it says they get 4.7 inches in the wild and 2 in an aquarium but that website says they get to 5 inches so im not sure exactly what to believe i was kinda hoping for someone who acctually owns one and knows about them from experience but thnx for the input :)

p.s. im probly just gonna get a small one and see how it goes because i plan on getting a bigger tank within a year so it shouldnt matter anyways

Back
Top Bottom