He bit me...and for good reason

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was in the process of adding the dwarf sag in the pic when this angry dude began pecking at me incessantly. It didn't occur to me at the time that he may have had good reason:

Angry Male
march72006002.jpg

On patrol
march72006003.jpg

Protecting his mate?
march72006004.jpg

They have been together since I suffered my indignity. It looks to me like a romantic spot has been found.

lol, I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. Kinda wild to have a teeny little fish trying to attack your fingers. Looks like yours are doing a pit spawning area. Did you happen to notice if it was the male or the female that dug the hole?

Ah, was my male after me. It's kinda cool watching them do the tag team patrol. The pair I have are swapping off almost instantly whenever one gets back to the nest. Still haven't figured out the whole blowing bubbles thing, but they are cleaning eggs now. I don't think they had the nack of that on the first spawn, might still be doing it wrong, but they're getting better!

Plus I picked up a few more pieces of driftwood, so if this set doesn't make it, the ph should be a touch lower for the next batch to give them better odds.

My rams nip at my hand everytime I go in the tank. Proably because I feed brine shrimp from my fingers and they are looking for food. They have no fear at all. They are so nosy that they follow my hand around the tank to see what I'm doing.....like I need their approval!

Good luck with your spawn...

Back
Top Bottom