Healthy fish just died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My water has been good other than about .25 before WC and I did WC 2 days ago... No sighns of anything except one unhealthy gourami and I had a guppy male and fry slow down in swimming yesterday and dead this morning... Confused

My water has been good I did WC 2 days ago... No sighns of anything except one unhealthy gourami and I had a guppy male and fry slow down in swimming yesterday and dead this morning... Confused[/QUOTE

have you moved the fry at all? did you do anything out of the ordinary? is your temp stable?

No I have not changed anything except traded spong in filter intake for netting cuz I had a tiny fry get sucked up tube

well that is likely what causes your ammonia spike, you tossed some of the BB. has the tank with the fry had meds added to it?

The sponge was tiny and not there long anyways and yes I used ich meds like a week ago and carbo is in to remove it plus since then done 2 50% WC ... Just tested water and
Ammonia is between 0 and .25 maybe closer to 0
Nitrite is 0
And nitrate is. Between 0 and 5 def not enough spike in anything to kill a fish

I do have a female guppy tht once while in temporary overcrowded tank killed a male half her size trying to eat him but this tank is not overstocked .... Maye Petsmart gives bad fish but I ha him for over a month. I did same things to 20 gal and no dead fish fry or adults

Was the water temp on the water change the same as tank? I've had platys get very slow and hang around the surface in a quiet spot. Usually noticeable the next morning. The only thing I have been able to think of is a water temp difference even though the tap water doesn't feel much colder.

It felt close to me ... Maybe a lil cool but not much... Guess next time ill try do it a bit warmer than tank cuz that never causes problems if its a lil warmer

Would be keen to know how it goes. I must find a spare thermometer to check tap water here over winter but we are into summer here now. I only do about a 25% water change each week and I didn't think the fish would notice but the rosy barbs are much more active as well.

Back
Top Bottom