Heater help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Batgirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, is condensation in a heater a bad thing? I got an aqueon 200 watt submersible heater today I put it in without plugging it in for 45 minutes and then plugged it in. When I came back 30 minutes later the inside and condensation on the sides. I turned it of and an wondering if that it is now unusable, if this is a normal problem for aqueon heaters, if I should bother with the lifetime warranty or just better to get a new brand, and if I need to get a new brand which do you suggest?

Hello, is condensation in a heater a bad thing? I got an aqueon 200 watt submersible heater today I put it in without plugging it in for 45 minutes and then plugged it in. When I came back 30 minutes later the inside and condensation on the sides. I turned it of and an wondering if that it is now unusable, if this is a normal problem for aqueon heaters, if I should bother with the lifetime warranty or just better to get a new brand, and if I need to get a new brand which do you suggest?

Exchange it under warranty. It must have a defective seal. It's a common problem with OLD heaters, not new ones.
I don't know the brand you have, but they must be good quality if they can offer a lifetime warranty.

So I toke your advice and am using the warranty and getting a new one but today I saw 2 or 3 white dots I am thinking there ich. So would it be safe to use the heater that had condensation inside it until I get a new one or should I just wait?

So I toke your advice and am using the warranty and getting a new one but today I saw 2 or 3 white dots I am thinking there ich. So would it be safe to use the heater that had condensation inside it until I get a new one or should I just wait?

I'd use it rather than let the temp drop

Okay I don't think the temperature of the tank is going to drop extremely my room temperature is 78 degrees :)

My fish are relatively new and I got plants like two weeks ago and a snail like a week ago :(

This is this best photo I can get for now ill try agein tommorow when I feed

Attachments

• image-259769458.jpg
    image-259769458.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 46
There are more dots on her tail but she doesn't want to be a model :p

Back
Top Bottom