Heeellllppp! Snail problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

britt190

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just noticed all these snails pop up today. How on earth did they get there. Iv added no new plants, decor or fish recently and the last I heard snails don't just fly. There's about 20 of them that I can easily spot. There prob only about 2mm max. I cleaned my pump 2 days ago and did a 40% water change and didn't notice anything then and did nothing other than the norm. I do have one nitrite zebra snail in there but I thought they could only breed in brackish water. And he's been on his own for years. I do have 2 clown loaches and 2 Pakistani yoyo loaches so would of thought they would of gobbled them right up. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't really want to use chemicals to get rid of them as I'm wary of using anything with my scaleless fish :( Iv attached a pic in the hope someone may be able to tell me what they are and if there a pest or not. Thanks folks.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399051396.110868.jpg

Possibly Malaysian trumpet snails, your loaches should make quick work of them..

Hopefully. I don't want to be over run with them. I just don't understand how they got there in the first place.

I realised earlier today that I did in fact put 1 new plant in there probably about a week ago now so that'd be where the problem started. Blooming things. I'm going to go get a few assassin snails to sort the problem but I'm a bit worried the'll rage out my nerite. And I don't particularly want to lose him :(

Back
Top Bottom