Hello all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deadmanwalking

Aquarium Advice Activist
Heya, Everyone. I hope that all is well with you. :)

Firstly, my name is Aidan and I am a member from the UK! I am a member of a few other forums, which are unrelated to fishes/aquariums, but I joined this one for a very specific reason - and that is that I am looking to set up my own aquarium!

I have been looking into making a Freshwater Aquarium, lately, and I wanted to have a Musk Turtle, Some Sea Lions and some fish in it.

However, I know that it is not as simple as buying a nice tank and shoving fish in it, as I became informed by my research on the internet yesterday.

The fish that I was looking in to getting were:

- Clown Trigger Fisher Angel Fish
- Symphysodon
- Moorish Idol
- Clownfish
- Angelfish

However, I was recently made aware that a lot of these are Saltwater Fish, so if an Expert knows what is what off the top of their head, then that would be extremely helpful. :)

Anyway, I don't know how well turtles go with big fish, because I have seen a lot of people saying that the turtle (I was looking in to getting a musk one) will kill the fishes quickly, and I don't know how well some fishes go with others.

So, if you would be able to give me a step in the right direction (I am a complete noob at this, haha), then it would be a great help!

Thanks! :D

~ Aidan.

Welcome to AA! :D

I wouldn't put a turtle in with fish. I've seen how fast turtles can attack when they're underwater. It's amazing to watch, but not when they're your own pet fish.

Welcome to AA! :D

I wouldn't put a turtle in with fish. I've seen how fast turtles can attack when they're underwater. It's amazing to watch, but not when they're your own pet fish.

Bettababe1011 - Thank you for the welcome. Also, I see what you mean. However, I have read a few more sources which answer this, and apparently, if the turtles and fish are well-fed, and separated when I am on holiday, then they can live together.

Do you have any information which goes against that source, by any chance?

Thanks! :x

I have my own turtle. She was fed earlier that day, and we put some minnows left over from fishing in, and she instantly attacked. I know they were small fish, but I just don't see a turtle getting along with any of the fish that are commonly in aquariums.

deadmanwalking said:
Heya, Everyone. I hope that all is well with you. :)

Firstly, my name is Aidan and I am a member from the UK! I am a member of a few other forums, which are unrelated to fishes/aquariums, but I joined this one for a very specific reason - and that is that I am looking to set up my own aquarium!

I have been looking into making a Freshwater Aquarium, lately, and I wanted to have a Musk Turtle, Some Sea Lions and some fish in it.

However, I know that it is not as simple as buying a nice tank and shoving fish in it, as I became informed by my research on the internet yesterday.

The fish that I was looking in to getting were:

- Clown Trigger Fisher Angel Fish
- Symphysodon
- Moorish Idol
- Clownfish
- Angelfish

However, I was recently made aware that a lot of these are Saltwater Fish, so if an Expert knows what is what off the top of their head, then that would be extremely helpful. :)

Anyway, I don't know how well turtles go with big fish, because I have seen a lot of people saying that the turtle (I was looking in to getting a musk one) will kill the fishes quickly, and I don't know how well some fishes go with others.

So, if you would be able to give me a step in the right direction (I am a complete noob at this, haha), then it would be a great help!

Thanks! :D

~ Aidan.

:welcome: to AA

- Clown Trigger Fisher Angel Fish ----- saltwater
- Symphysodon. ------ Freshwater
- Moorish Idol. ----- Saltwater
- Clownfish. ----- Saltwater
- Angelfish. ----- With this one their are saltwater angels and fresh so I'm not sure when you just say angel fish.?.
- stinkpot musk turtle. ---- Freshwater

Everyone told me not to do it aswell and I did it anyways and all is well. My musk has never went after my fish its the other way around lol just be aware that it is possible. Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom