Hello from south devon UK, seeking some advice :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

montyb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I recently started a 30 gallon tank and after countless hours of research I finally got my tank cycled and decided on zebra danios , chocolate mollies and some lemon tetras to begin with, as they are supposedly good starter fish.

I really don't want to overload the tank, i was thinking maybe bringing my danios up to 6, my mollies up to 5 and my lemon tetras up to 7 and then a few weeks later i plan on adding 5 cory cats.

I don't plan on adding any more after that, apart from perhaps a Nerite snail or 2 in a couple of months time.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks all :) :fish2:

Hi montyb:

The end result of your plan would be a fairly heavily stocked tank. It could be done, of course, if you have adequate filtration and aeration in the tank and are conscientious about your water changes and maintenance.

It would certainly be a good idea to bring the danios and tetras up to at least six each. The issue is the mollies; they could grow to 8 to 10cm, so six of them would be a lot for a 30 gallon tank. Perhaps hold the mollies to three for awhile and see how it goes? At that point you're probably looking at a choice between more mollies or the corys. Regardless, you'll have a better idea if you add more fish slowly over time and watch the conditions and density of your tank.

Congratulations on starting your aquarium!

-Yorg

Hi all, I recently started a 30 gallon tank and after countless hours of research I finally got my tank cycled and decided on zebra danios , chocolate mollies and some lemon tetras to begin with, as they are supposedly good starter fish.

I really don't want to overload the tank, i was thinking maybe bringing my danios up to 6, my mollies up to 5 and my lemon tetras up to 7 and then a few weeks later i plan on adding 5 cory cats.

I don't plan on adding any more after that, apart from perhaps a Nerite snail or 2 in a couple of months time.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks all :) :fish2:

Thanks for the advice, I had no idea the mollies got that big

I think I will keep it to

6 danios
6 tetras
2 mollies
5 Cory cats :)

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Back
Top Bottom