Hello to the membership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PremativePeat

Aquarium Advice Regular
My name is LT and I’m making a return to having aquariums in my home. I was an active part of the fish care hobby in days when there was no forums because there were no personal computers, and “Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea” was a most favored watched program…soon to be followed by “Star Trek” the all-time favorite TV program in my home life. In those early days it was not understood by myself (remember no forums or Google) that to tear down and clean a tank was to remove all the beneficial bacteria and more by accident that I kept fish alive…the accident being I never tore down the filter at the same time I cleaned the tank and gravel.
I had in that decade of fish care owned and managed a 300, 210, 75, 50, and an assortment of smaller gallons in tank size. Over the years of hard spent time to learn by trial and error methods how to condition water and raise fish, which of at that time was and still is very demanding of water conditions…The wild Brown Discus and later the wild Green Peruvian Discus…even if I didn’t know what bacteria was about in those days.
Much recent knowledge comes from extensive online studies and personal research, and at times I still get some details or wording of proper names or titles out of perspective, but seem to be firm with an understanding to both the affects and the effective application to proper water care and condition. As always these statement are in my opinion only (IMO).
:wave: PP

Qube, I do spend much time on research and there are times it helps and is functional for the intended purpose...but not all enjoy my finds. thanks for the comment. PP

Back
Top Bottom