hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwh10

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

My name is Derick.
I live in Minnesota in the US.
I am a begginer when it with saltwater tanks. I have what i believe to be a 47 gallon pentagon tank.
It has been operating for just about three months now. It is a non preditor reef tank.
I am looking to get information and just to see different tanks and ways that people have incorporated sea life into there tanks and how it has worked for them.

You've come to the right place Derick. Post a message in the SW Getting Started forum with a list of your equipment, how you cycled the tank, what's in it now, etc. Ask lots of questions, and read the articles that are posted as well the as forum threads that seem interesting. You'll learn a lot and possibly teach us a thing or two.

Here's my NINE (soon to be 10) rules and some good starting points:
Rule # 1. Nothing Good ever happens Fast in a salt water aquarium
Rule # 2. PWC (Partial Water Changes) are your friend, and cure many ills.
Rule # 3. All animal species live longer on a 30% reduced caloric intake. Only feed every other day at most (fish species dependant)
Rule # 4. Don't add anything you don't test for first.
Rule # 5. Anemones will never live anywhere near their normal (aprox 30 years) lifespan in a home aquarium. Leave them in the ocean.
Rule # 6. QT EVERYTHING before adding it to your tank (mandarins accepted, corals should be dipped)
Rule # 7. Hyposalinity is the best, safest, and most effective treatment for marine Ich (IMHO)
Rule # 8. A Refractometer is a MUST HAVE, not a luxury.
Rule # 9. Use only RO or RODI water (either buy it or make it)

How to cycle your tank with out the use of fish

Stock list and tips for maintaining your SW tank (STARTING OUT)

Quarantine and

Refugiums ...

Oh and...
welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom