Help a Newbie out please! Water testing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JSkogh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm having a hard time reading the colors on my freshwater test strips. Can anybody suggest a good test kit? Also, do they make a digital one so I don't have to guess what the colors are?!
This is my first tank, 30 gallons, day 7 of cycling.

Haha hmmm, I'm guessing everyone will recommend the API master kit but I could be mistaking..

I had a feeling.. I've seen that test kit mentioned a few times on here ;)
I went ahead and ordered it (Amazon seems to have best price).

I'm still interested in a digital tester if there is a such thing and it works good. Let me know if anybody has info on this please!?

I had a feeling.. I've seen that test kit mentioned a few times on here ;) I went ahead and ordered it (Amazon seems to have best price). I'm still interested in a digital tester if there is a such thing and it works good. Let me know if anybody has info on this please!?
I've heard of a digital doohickey that basically analyzes the color if the API liquid kit for you. It's like $200 or something.

Just use the API master test kit. Buy a bottle of water from the shop and pour it in the tubes. Test the bottled water to see what colour 0ppm ammonia and nitrite looks like. Then test your tap water. You should always know what is coming out of your tap.

To test ph. Leave your tap water to stand for 24 hours then test.

But test ammonia and nitrite nitrate straight from your tap.

Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom