Help breeding Red Zebras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skald89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi.

I have a 55 gallon tank with:

2 - Red Zebras
1 - Yellow tail acei
1 - electric yellow
1 - black convict (female)

I know this isn't the best tank set up. I had more but they died and I just never replaced them. I thought i would just keep the ones that live and take care of them.

I see that my Red Zebra, flutters in front of the other one. They will swim in a circle with each other. From what I understand this is the first signs of mating. Every time they do that, my Electric Yellow will attack one trying to mate with the red Zebra. I want my two Red Zebras to mate but I am unsure what to do to help them.

I had an idea, which might not look that great but it would be cheap. I would buy a mesh laundry back and use it as a divider for my tank. I would put the zebras on one side alone or with the black convict. I don't want to spend money on a real divider if I can avoid it. I would take the mesh bag and hold it down with some rocks. The top I would rip into straps, wrap it around the middle metal support and tie a knot inside the tank. This should separate the tank, while allowing water to flow and the filter to clean the whole tank.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Do I need to provide any more information?

They have crochet, it is mesh in many colors, plastic canvas I think its called also. its like $2, at Walmart. They sell huge pieces of it. I used it just as is and used gravel to hold in place, perhaps some zip ties? because your tank is so big? Also Egg crate lighting material, I've heard used. I know the Plastic canvas stuff works because I used it separating two Bettas in a 10 gallon.

They have crochet, it is mesh in many colors, plastic canvas I think its called also. its like $2, at Walmart. They sell huge pieces of it. I used it just as is and used gravel to hold in place, perhaps some zip ties? because your tank is so big? Also Egg crate lighting material, I've heard used. I know the Plastic canvas stuff works because I used it separating two Bettas in a 10 gallon.

Thank you. I think its the basic idea of what I had in mind with the mesh. Would you be able to find me a product link? Does the one you bought allow water to flow through the divider?

thank you

Back
Top Bottom