HELP! How do you pack an aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huggermugger

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am moving 11 hours away and I want my fish tank to be safe when traveling! I don't want it to crack or start leaking. My plan is to empty it totally out and then put pillows inside and out of it. Is this an ok plan?

I have a betta but I am giving that to a friend. My 2 platies I don't know what I am giong to do with it yet. I will have to get rid of the fish because I might not be able to put up my tank for several months.

Please give me some suggestions on how to pack it.

Thanks for you help.

huggermugger

Well. I had my two 55 gal tanks put in a semi by "movers" once, then stored for 3 years in the basement, then again handled by "movers", then set them up. No leaks. "movers" is in quotation marks because "bashers" is a more accurate. The lesson? Quality tanks are built well. If you have the tank wrapped in blankets, and strapped secure to the side of the truck, with nothing to bash into it, it should be OK. Or put the tank in the backseat of your car, where you can pad it and keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom