HELP, I need an ID, Pleeeease.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WendiDell

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a semi-aggressive Cichlid. All I know about her is that she came from Africa's Lake Malawi and she's 10 months old.
Her coloring, or lack of coloring is a muddy grayish/brown, with stripes of the same color just darker.
I tried to find out what she was on the Cichlid discussion, but I only got three responses and they weren't able to ID her.
Here are a few pictures that I hope will help someone ID her.
In the fourth picture She's the one to the right. The big guy is a male Cobalt Blue Zebra and the little one is a female Kenyi.
I've looked at soooooo many pictures of Lake Malawi Cichlids and none come even c;ose to her coloring.

I wish I could make this some kind of contest with a prize. Because I know his is going to be a tough ID. But I can't really afford a prize. All my money goes to my fish keeping hobby

Could be a hybrid, this is common with Mbuna. If it came from a "mixed African cichlid" tank, it would almost certainly be a hybrid IMO.

I agree she's most likely a hybrid. But a hybrid of what and what? I don't care that she's a hybrid. I know some people are purists about that, not me. I like her disposition towards her tank mates, she never fights.
But I would like to know more about her.

Not likely we're going to be able to ID the species that produced the cichlid if it is a hybrid. I'm not an Mbuna person really, so maybe someone else will know.

Thank you for trying. I hold out for a few more days, see what happens. If I can't get an ID, I'll love her anyway.
She's quite sweet for a Cichlid. She guards the smaller ones, when the big guys come around and try to bully them. It's cool to just watch her.

Back
Top Bottom