help i think i have a pregnant platy!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darling04

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a female and male platy and the female seems to be getting pretty fat and i really need some advice if she is indeed pregnant. I'm a beginner at this. I want to breed fish and am just starting out with the Platys. I would appreciate any help or information on how to tell if the female is pregnant. Thanks
I also have a:
2 guppies
2 glowfish
3 catfish
2 perch
and 1 glass catfish:huh::thanks:(y)

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 86
Ok pics would help but id guess she is since there is a male in the tank. And you could use a breeder net or a breeder box

she doesnt really appear to be and if she is its still early on. she will get a real dark spot and it doesnt appear dark at all/ dont use breeder boxes get a 2.5-10 gallon tank make it heavily planted with real or fake plants and i mean heavily planted feed her daily and when she has the babies as long as shes ell fed and cant find them in the tank many should survive.

Homer8 said:
she doesnt really appear to be and if she is its still early on. she will get a real dark spot and it doesnt appear dark at all/ dont use breeder boxes get a 2.5-10 gallon tank make it heavily planted with real or fake plants and i mean heavily planted feed her daily and when she has the babies as long as shes ell fed and cant find them in the tank many should survive.

Not all live bearers get a dark spot before giving birth. It all depends on the position of the fry, transparency of the female's skin, and other things. I have a pregnant guppy who has had a very black and square shaped gravid spot, but she hasn't given birth for a while.

If you ZOOM in you can see her progressing dark spot!:)

Back
Top Bottom