Help ID Anemone from Mediterranean sea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charbel.eid9

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got this anemone (3 anemones) from the sea today (beirut, lebanon) And was wondering about its ID. I have another purple tip condy in my aquarium so any advice?
The red anemone has blue dots between the area surrounding the tentacles and the body if this help you more.

image-3111044848.jpg

image-1699542605.jpg

Charbel.eid9 said:
I got this anemone (3 anemones) from the sea today (beirut, lebanon) And was wondering about its ID. I have another purple tip condy in my aquarium so any advice?
The red anemone has blue dots between the area surrounding the tentacles and the body if this help you more.

Wow that look beautiful

My only concern is if it is going to harm the other condy or corals. Yesterday it was moving (walking) on my green scroll as if it doesn't exist.

After some reading, IMO it looks like a Leathery Sea Anemone (Heteractis crispa). Described as "has long, densely crowded, tapering tentacles..leathery column... With many obvious verrucae" (small pimples on column. Can't see the column in pic, but this was description.
Hope this helps, only thing I could find that looked possible. Sorry, also said not so hardy in aquariums. Cited from "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist"
Again, outrageous looking and good luck with it!
Here's a pic of what I found

View attachment 91026

Leathery Anemone

Sorry, was only looking at first pic. Second pic.... No pimples. So, I don't know. There is no mention of the blue spots either.
Anyway good luck on the ID, hopefully someone knows!?!

Back
Top Bottom