Help is this a parasite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thought I was in the clear but today I've seen another on her tail. Please help identify this parasite. I've done 3 treatments of Parazin P.

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1445197268906.jpg
    1445197268906.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 1445197303839.jpg
    1445197303839.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 49
See small white bump near top of top tail fin. This is not ich as she only has one on her tail and i know the difference. Using Parazin P in my tank stressed my big black moor out, he got slime coat so I have had to treat tank with that. I don't really want to stress him out anymore with more meds. Parazin P didn't work any way.

Attachments

• 1445197342795.jpg
    1445197342795.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 57
Did we eliminate Lymphocystis already???

You can see clearer then me, so if the spot is on the "ray" of the fin(the bone/skelton looking part you know?) I would not treat anymore.
Many fish get growths on their tale like that.

Hi I just did a little more reading. I don't think it is Lymphocystis as is not cauliflower like. Although I find it strange that if its a parasite and this would be the third cycle why its only affecting the one fish and only one area her tail. And its one one bump now as before there were more. The bony bump in the cycle eventually rises up and looks like a little white worm coming out then it leaves a small red sore. But looks nothing like anchor worm. Its not affecting her overall health at all. I think I will leave meds for a while. Water parameters ate good now. Did have a slight nitrate rise at 40ppm but established noe and got it down to 20ppm. What I would say is that when I read about lymphocystis that it is only affecting one fish and it says it lessens in time. This is true too. At no I feel it best to reduce as much stress in the tank as poss. My black moor seems particularly sensitive to meds that reduce oxygen in the water. Recently treated with anti slime coat( which I believe was caused by stress because of the Parazin P. I have a power head running at mo to increase aeration and surface movement. Bless him caught him resting on bottom when this isn't on.

I had the same problem but I ignored it and the whatever was on it disapeerd in a few weeks.
I'm not saying that'll work for you

It's kind of like a pimple of blemish, just like people get. Occasionally one of my goldfish will get one of these. They clear up on their own. As long as they have clean fresh water they should be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an update my moor is back to his old self and seems to have recovered. The Ryukin's skin tag / whatever it is. Has gone away but its done this 3 times now and then about 3 weeks later it has always come back. Fingers crossed it stays away.

Back
Top Bottom