Help me find who ate my Parrot ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone,

I went out of town for a few days and when I got back my parrots head as gone :(.

I have a Gar, an Oscar, and two turtles. Who all could have done it . The Gar is new so I am looking at him, the most .

The turtles would not have done that, since any time they eat a fish they tank them by the tails and his tail wasn't touched, nor his Body . They don't leave stuff.

I don't know about the Oscar.

I am going to move who ever did it but I have no clue who.

The Oscar, I'm 99% sure on this, didn't do it. The turtles I doubt did it too. Your most likely candidate is the gar in my opinion.

Hey everyone, I went out of town for a few days and when I got back my parrots head as gone :(. I have a Gar, an Oscar, and two turtles. Who all could have done it . The Gar is new so I am looking at him, the most . The turtles would not have done that, since any time they eat a fish they tank them by the tails and his tail wasn't touched, nor his Body . They don't leave stuff. I don't know about the Oscar. I am going to move who ever did it but I have no clue who.

Turtles and fish don't mix

Turtles and fish don't mix
true, very true but still the gar is likely the culprit. But yes generally you shouldn't house turtles with other fish unless given massive space, cover and the fish are pretty big.

true, very true but still the gar is likely the culprit. But yes generally you shouldn't house turtles with other fish unless given massive space, cover and the fish are pretty big.

They have massive space, cover and she was so big and pretty . :( But I sending the Gar off one monday. Already find a place for him .

Ah yes than that would probably be the culprit. That's probably one of the most common species of gars sold, how big is your tank?

Gars normally only go for much smaller silver shinny fish

You can never trust a turtle with fish

Gars normally only go for much smaller silver shinny fish

You can never trust a turtle with fish

I know you can not trust turtles lol , but they have never gone for him before. And most of his body was still there. A turtle would have just eaten him up. I am really bummed everything I think about that .

But thanks for your input, he is in a big plastic tank now . I might move him back in if I found out that it wasn't him.

was the cut more clean or was it super jagged? if it was the gar it would have had to shake vigorously to tear the head off and it would be a total mess. if it was a relatively clean cut it was the turtle. my money is on the turtle

Wasn't the gar. Gar swallow their prey whole like alligators. Gar do not have scissor teeth, thus it is physically impossible for the gar to have done it. They have grabbing teeth. Maybe the oscar but probably turtle. Even a little redear slider turtle has tremendous jaw strength.

Back
Top Bottom