Help needed, previous reefer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImMax

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

Back around 8 or 9 years ago I used to breed African Cichlids and sell them, I was only 11 at the time. So, this hobby has followed me all my life.

Now, I am in College and I have rent to pay, school to pay attention to, and no time for a big reef. I do have pico reef, with just rocks and snails in it, sleek looking with LED's but I cannot make it any bigger as I know there is no time for taking care of a reef with corals and all.

So, I am looking to have something bigger in the apartment, which is a twenty gallon. I do have Convict Cichlids in there now, but they are a breeding pair that breed ever so often. I want to start anew, but what fish?

I am looking for something that schools, something that can provide a sense of community in the tank... I am open to all ideas, I will do my research on all individual fish species as one states them.

Basically, give me a fish list, at least 3 species?

( I am aware of cycling freshwater tanks, maintenance, etc )

:thanks:

-Max

So you are stocking a 20 long? And 3 different species

I would go with

1 Bolivian ram ( hardier and IMO more personality then the ever popular German blue ram)
5-8 mosquito rasboras
3-5 Cory cats

And you probably still have some room

Just a twenty gallon regular sized, not long. That sounds like a good list, I'll start reading up.

Just a twenty gallon regular sized, not long. That sounds like a good list, I'll start reading up.

My bad I miss read, I still think that stock would work. What type of substrate do you plan to use? I just realized if its gravel the Cory's are not a perfect match.

95% sand. Slight rocks, like scattered pebbles. If its a no, then that can easily be switched. And its okay, I thought it was kind of hard to find the size after I reread my post

The Cory's if you get them will most likely be your faves right away

A pair of either kribensis,apistos or German blue rams, 9 tetras either rummy nose or cardinals 4 cories bandits are awesome, and a dwarf gourami.

I would tend to go with harlequin rasboras over the mosquitos, I like the harlequins more personally.

I would skip the rams. They both need a 30g tank to be happy. Instead I would pick a dwarf gourami of some type.

The cory cats are a great choice, my personal favorites are the panda corys.

I would tend to go with harlequin rasboras over the mosquitos, I like the harlequins more personally.

I would skip the rams. They both need a 30g tank to be happy. Instead I would pick a dwarf gourami of some type.

The cory cats are a great choice, my personal favorites are the panda corys.

I have pandas there awesome I'm thinking of adding a couple bandits to there shoal though

Back
Top Bottom