Help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lamby said:
how many do you rekon I would be able to have in this tank I have a feeling it would ve ok for 1 more but I dont want it getting to terratorial

How big is your tank again? I'd try 2 more as Long as you create enough separate territories and little caves for them to claim.

I'll post the link to this page I was reading mainly because the pictures were cool and they show the gobys living with freshwater flounder aka Mr Johanson hehe. I like the idea of using large shells as little caves. I remember that's what I did for mine I used large shells and river stones to create caves and used drift wood also ,which one made his home underneath it. He reminded me of the troll from the three billy goats gruff sitting under his driftwood waiting for other fishies to dare go near his bridge lol oh it's all coming back now. It also mentions water sprite ,java moss and java fern as being good plants for their setup.

yeah i had a look and i think il order one more tanks a 50ltr

_skyla_ said:
I had 6 in a 75litre with no probs so they will be fine

Their minimum tank size is 30g and you shouldn't keep them in multiple numbers in small tanks.

ive read alot of different things about tank size for them, That they can be kept in smaller tanks if you keep up with regular maintanece as they need pristine water and they have their own territorys to claim. I never had any problems keeping them healthy and happy they each claimed a shell or cave and only bickered if another tried to enter its home. They are so tiny and not the most active fish as long as their needs are catered to they do great in that size tank but thats just my opinion and research. keeping them in a smaller tank also depends on the footprint of the tank they need a long tank as opposed to a high.

ahhh see i only have a high now im selling my long tank for a new light for the 40g tank i think il get another one or 2 and see how it goes

lamby said:
ahhh see i only have a high now im selling my long tank for a new light for the 40g tank i think il get another one or 2 and see how it goes

Yeah try no more than 2 more and get some large shells maybe. I was thinking it would look cool of you built up one are and made a cave up higher than the others like a cliff kind of look

I was thinking that because my tanks tall and has realy good lighting then I could tie a plant or 2 init

lamby said:
I was thinking that because my tanks tall and has realy good lighting then I could tie a plant or 2 init

Yeah plants are always good and will help split up the tank a bit and separate the territory's some more. What were you thinking of java fern or something?

yeah its easy to maintain maby a bit of java moss I have some dwarf hair grass in their with 2 javas at the moment and they seem to be coping well

lamby said:
yeah its easy to maintain maby a bit of java moss I have some dwarf hair grass in their with 2 javas at the moment and they seem to be coping well

Sounds good you could also try some water sprite and see how it goes. Are you planning on adding shells?

yeah I have the same water sprite as showen on that sight and the sane hair grass il have to get some more rock for my tank

yay might of sold my long tank already gotta love gumtree

ok so i might be getting rid of the bumble bee goby to try my hand at full salt

ok so I fully changed my mind and ordered another 2 bumble bees keen for them to arive now

Back
Top Bottom