Help needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I did a water change today and totally forgot to but the dechlorinater in. Now my bala is floating upside down. What can I do to save him. I added the stuff and mixed the water up. Any advice is helpful. All my other fish seem to be doing fine.

I've got him in a 5 gallon bucket now. Used tank water. Added more of the water conditioner and have an air hose in now. Is there anything else I could do for him?

I think you've done what you can, and hopefully he'll recover. Once you add the dechlorinator, it does not take very long at all for it to react to the chlorine or chloramines that are in the tap water, so it depends how much exposure he had before you were able to fix things. Have to hope for the best.

Unfortunately he did not make it. I had him for 3 years and it sucks to have lost him because of my stupid mistake. I think that I will end up getting 2 Denison barbs to replace him. I already have 3 and I think a bigger school would look nice

Back
Top Bottom