Help please! with lighting needs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Hi

I have a new to me JEBO aquarium New 375R (35/37 gal couldn't quite get the right answer maybe its 37 gal until you put in the substrate then it's 35 lol)

It has two 36 W bulbs 1 is Actinic each is 10,000K and the other white light broke so I am replacing it.

My question is should I replace both lights with 50/50 actinic/white
or one white and one actinic

or one white and one 50/50 to increase white light. Would there be enough blue light and or too much light?

I would like to grow baby tears and some carpeting [plant maybe, what kind of light would these options give me?

I'm pretty much clueless here... have had plants before but not until recently a planted tank I probably don't want to bother with co2 at this point (btw)

Thank you!:confused:

Bulbs are appx 18" from sand bottom and the cover for the lights is a nice clear one, not cloudy or yellow Pleas

ideally for plant growth you'll want 6700k/10000k full spectrum bulbs. Actinics in fw are primarily for aesthetics. Also for the replacement bulbs you'll just need some power compact bulbs in the right wattage and pin design, you don't have to match brands unless you really want to.

G211 is the base straight across - in line 4 pin. I can only find it at the JEBO Store and the others available online were UV Sterilizer lights. One was from Phillips but it was 18W

mine are (2) 10,000K 36W. It is a built in hood, light and filter system. I can't change it right now anyway due to cost. I could check into retro fitting...

Which combo of light would be best. Is 20,000K of white light with no blue going to work, and would that be considered high?

Fluorescent bulb wattage is primarily based on length. Do a google search for 4 pin power compact light 36w and you should come up with several.

Kelvin is a measure of color temperature, so 2 10000k bulbs don't make 20000k. As long as they are full spectrum bulbs they will grow plants fine. If you want a little more detail on how high the lighting will be google 'par vs distance' and look at the chart that pops up from plantedtank.net.

Back
Top Bottom