help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostLoach

Aquarium Advice Activist
i am looking to buy a canister filter for my 55 gallon aquarium i am looking at a specific brand called aquatop has anyone heard anything or had any experience with this brand or there filters? the specific filters i am looking at are the cf 400 and cf 500 my next question is would they be overkill for my 55 the cf 400 has a supposed flow rate of 370 and the 500 is 525 bot have a spray attachment so i dont think he flow would be to overkill or overwhelming for my tank what do you guys think? i will add these filter from what i have seen have had nothing but good reviews and are very affordable compared to the bigger brands if you guys help me out with my questions and i decide to order one i will be posting pics and my personal expierence with the product and if it is good we can all benefit.
thank you for reading-david

I'd gather that the lack of responses could mean no one that's read the thread has this canister filter. Most members that have canisters ... from what I've read .. have either Fluvals or Eheim. If the aquatop is like either of those then It sounds like a good buy. I wouldn't worry about the GPH ... generally you want it to be 5x - 10x the volume of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom