Help please!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelli fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a platy thats looks pregnant is sat on the bottom other than to eat is this how they behave when have babys as I did see some yesterday should I put her in a net holder how to be certain its the correct fish?? Also will she of had them all by now or what? ? Please help tyia

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It can be a disease that make him doing water retention. It's a bacterial thing, and it's a bad thing.

But there was babies in the tank yesterday I saw them!!! Now I dont but my bf witnessed them lol..

Hmmmm something not right tho as I believe my molly has shimmy someone told me yesterday.

Maybe she's just mega pregnant... Do you have picture ? I don't know about mollies, but picture always give an idea :)

No I dont think the molly pregnant. But my platy is and I wondered if thats why shes on the bottom to establish which is having the fry to put in holding net. Im new to fish only stock tank 2 week and had set of molly fry (2 going well after 2weeks) and now platys. Deary me lol

If you have the tank since two weeks, and you did no cycle, then immediately make 50% WC.

Do you know about nitrogen cycle ? If not I highly recommand you do some researches about this and beneficial bacterias (BBs).

But its a new set up I persumed in a cycle??

But its a new set up I persumed in a cycle??

If you have the tank since two weeks, and you did no cycle, then immediately make 50% WC.

Do you know about nitrogen cycle ? If not I highly recommand you do some researches about this and beneficial bacterias (BBs). And about how you must do the water change, so it not stress the fishs.

Yes I set up 2 week prior to stocking I have knowledge of water as had turtles prior to fish...?

With bacterial boost in!! :)

Yes reading as of yesterday

Ph 8 (to high but have put cattappa/almond leaf in)
Nh4 0.25
No2 between 0 - 0.1
No3 between 0.5 & 1.0

Is this healthy water??

Thanks for helping and advising me :)

That seems Ok. No fish gasp at the surface for air ?

I would do a 50%WC anyway, a fish swimming from side to side is not normal, maybe there's a problem with the water.

Water quality is not good, but acceptable, because of the presence of ammonia/nitrites.

NO3 seems too low. Probably the cycle is not working properly... What's the tank size + entire stocking ?

There's another possibility where you don't test water NO3 correctly. If it's a two bottle test kit, shake the bottle #2 like hell, as if your life depends of it, bang it on a table, etc...

If it's a 3 bottle test kit, then do this with bottle #3.

Try to get another reading doing this, just curious...

I just noticed that's my 1000's post -.-

No I have quite big air stone. None at the top now..??
I know the hardest part it getting it established but jeeez should of stuck with my turtles lol ;)

No I have quite big air stone. None at the top now..??
I know the hardest part it getting it established but jeeez should of stuck with my turtles lol ;)

What's the entire stocking ? What fish and count of them you keep ? What is the tank size ?

I currently have
5 neon tetra
1 clown loach
2 suckie plecos
4 mollys that had babies 2 still going strong after week and half
5 platy
3 guppys
Thats all intend to have, no more!!!
But they keep having baby's lol
I think it approx 90l as I put 8/9 12l buckets in but online from measurements said 142l... ?

I no that more but I expected to loose few to start not gain...:-/

Can you give us tank measurement? Length width and height in inches?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom