Help pls... Filtter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kt23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have a 65 gallon corner tank and I have a maryland 300 filter I wAs wondering if the filtter is to big. The current in there is a lil fast is this ok for the fish???

Not sure what type of filter you have. I have not heard of that brand. Does it have a flow adjustment? If the flow is too much for your fish you could put it at one end of the tank. That will give the fish a calmer place to go away from the filter return.

If the gph is 300, then I would say u r just about right. What size tank is it suggested for?

It's a marineland 350 it's for up to 70 gallon tanks and it filters 350 gallons per hour it does not have an over flow control

Ok I know what filter it is now. I slowed mine down by wrapping the intake with foam rubber( make sure no chemical, or fire retardant) I had to slow mine down for a fry tank.

I couldn't get it to slow down and my fish just swim on top they don't go anywhere near the middle. Is this good for the fish

So should I leave them like that? Thanks for all the help

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom