Help! Protien skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefman97

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up this morning and my protein skimmer is spilling out bubble out of the mouth and filling cup with water in like 5-10 minutes. I have a Seaclone 100, and yes I know they are very finicky and not the greatest skimmer. And I am getting a coral life skimmer soon. But until I get it I need this one to work to hold of till that day.

Yes they are fine bubbles, and what do you mean by dosed?

Any supplement to maintain good parameters or any chemical. If not you might need to fine tune it. Close the valve all the way and open it slowly until you get the right amount of bubbles going to collection cup. The micro bubbles in your tank is normal specially after water change. It will slowly disappear.

Any supplement to maintain good parameters or any chemical. If not you might need to fine tune it. Close the valve all the way and open it slowly until you get the right amount of bubbles going to collection cup. The micro bubbles in your tank is normal specially after water change. It will slowly disappear.

Yes I put in some iodine, and some waste control in. Ill try and wait and see is the bubbles disappear

Waste control? That's probably the cause. Skimmer is working double time. You can stop microbubbles by covering the outlet with some sort of fine filter tied to the back.

Waste control? That's probably the cause. Skimmer is working double time. You can stop microbubles by covering the outlet with some sort of fine filter tied to the back.

Ok, that stopped the bubbles(thanks!!!) but it's still filling rapidly with water

Are the bubbles inside the main cylinder larger than usual? How long did you have this skimmer?

Well my tanks lights are out atm, but I'm 90% sure there the same same size just a LOT more than usual. And I had it for a yesr

It was some sort of bottle that said it would lower my nitrate down. It's was pricy..... And I'll shut it off for the night and see what happens. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom