HELP! red claw crab stuck in my pump!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JHZR2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I have a red claw crap in a galaxy5 tank with a regent water pump/filter/biowheel setup. The crab likes to climb, and this morning when I opened the lid to look in, I saw him get startled and climb into the water outlet where the water flows from the pump onto the filter.
The hole there is small, and Im afraid that it is acting like a crab trap, as he is wider than the space. It is constantly wet, but I doubt hes happy in that area where there is a constant flow of water.

I cant keep the crab down, anbd now hes really done it. I dont want to shut off the pump, as Im afraid hell either dry out or the tank will get nasty from lack of filtering.

I need to get him out, I cant get the pump apart, as its glued. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

JMH

Crabs are mischievious lil buggers, mine gets into the HOB and other bizzare places.

You can't just turn off the pump for a second and pluc him out?

8O
oh my god, can you take a photo of this?? 8O I just gotta see it with my own eyes! :mrgreen:
Luckily my crab is too big to fit into my filter! In fact, I have a large rock that sticks out of the water in the center of the tank in case he wants to explore, but I never seen him anywhere except his little crab-tunnel he built himself out of the rocks.

Back
Top Bottom