Help sump/fuge for 25g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dingodan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive built a 5.5g sump/refugium for my 25g reef tank and i need advice for plumbing and flow rate. One option is to have a 200 gph overflow and a mag drive 750 (225 gph with my 9' of head). Other option is 2 200 gph overflows and a mag drive 950 (500 with the head). In both options i have the return line t'd off with a valved line coming back to the sump to lower gph coming into display if necessary. Would 350/400 gph be toomuch flow through the refugium? Would the first option be better and add a powerhead to the display to increase it's flow without having to increase the flow through the sump/fuge? This is my first sump/ fuge so advice and suggestions appreciated.

A 5 gallon sump really is not going to do much for you. What do you plan on doing with it? Also that is a lot of flow through a 5 gall sump. You want more like 150 to 200 I would imagine.

Its bigger than a hang on the back refugium and fits all my equipment?

Well in the event of just using it to house equipment then it dose not matter for flow I was thing of a fuge type of sump. For that you want a slow flow

Oh how much flow do you recomend for a refugium cuz the fuge chamber is in the middle of the sump

Back
Top Bottom