HELP! Used tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2swimmersAlike

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need help cleaning my tank as I have no idea how. IMG_2405.jpgIMG_2406.jpgIMG_2408.jpg
I also need to clean the filter, which has algae and I need help identifying its type/brand/any other information for my tank.
I got it from my moms friend and it has been sitting for quite some time. I know it has a filter, she may have a heater for it and maybe a lid.

I'll keep you posted on updates and such. I used a little table salt and water on a paper towel to clean the inside for now.

Anyone know what I can use on the cracks in the border?

I need help cleaning my tank as I have no idea how. View attachment 302046View attachment 302047View attachment 302048
I also need to clean the filter, which has algae and I need help identifying its type/brand/any other information for my tank.
I got it from my moms friend and it has been sitting for quite some time. I know it has a filter, she may have a heater for it and maybe a lid.

I'll keep you posted on updates and such. I used a little table salt and water on a paper towel to clean the inside for now.

Anyone know what I can use on the cracks in the border?

It's about 2 foot long by 11 inches deep and just under 21 inches tall bow front, I can't find a gallon calculator for a bow front anywhere

A solution of diluted vinegar can do wonders for hard water stains and algae. Just make sure you rinse the tank out really well afterwards.
As for the cracks, aquarium silicone might work. Others may chime in with alternatives.

A solution of diluted vinegar can do wonders for hard water stains and algae. Just make sure you rinse the tank out really well afterwards.
As for the cracks, aquarium silicone might work. Others may chime in with alternatives.

Do you think hot glue would work? As I don't know how much silicone is and I'm on a budget [emoji23]

Silicone usually isn't too pricey. I think the hot glue could work if you make sure not to get any into the actual tank. Superglue is another option. It's okay to be in the tank as it's sometimes used to glue plants down.

Silicone usually isn't too pricey. I think the hot glue could work if you make sure not to get any into the actual tank. Superglue is another option. It's okay to be in the tank as it's sometimes used to glue plants down.

Oh okay thank you, I'm currently defending the dirty tank from curious cats, I really wish it had a lid. ;/

:lol: Maybe if you look on Craigslist or Ebay you'll be able to find one for a decent price? That's where I've found lots of equipment and tanks on a budget.

Before you invest any money, set the tank on a level surface, fill it 25% watch for leaks, then repeat the process until the tank is 100% full of water. Let the tank set for a few days to be certain of no leaks.
If it leaks, you can reseal it, but that is not an easy task and not always successful. Probably better to buy a used tank on Craigslist.
Your tank looks to have a broken top frame, which is not good. The bottom frame has a crossbar, the top frame does not have one. That might not be good either.
I hope it holds water for you, good luck.

I had it outside and filled the bottom with water, and tipped it around trying to get some of the hard water off. I didn't notice or see any leaks

Thats good news. When it comes time to get your tank up and running be sure to post questions. Members will be able to suggest ways that might save you money and make your new tank setup run more smoothly.

Thats good news. When it comes time to get your tank up and running be sure to post questions. Members will be able to suggest ways that might save you money and make your new tank setup run more smoothly.

I have my 10 gallon running and stuff I have some questions about it and i should make a new thread but I'm too lazy

Side note: I found some stuff online considering looking through letgo.

I found lots of really big fish tanks I want and I could do so much with but I don't have the room/ money. Rip, also I found a VERY VERY overstocked tank with goldfish, but the fish were for sale. Still concerned

Back
Top Bottom