HELP!!! What are these

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MCKWESTLA

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help!!! What are these? Just brought this new green star polyp home and these just started coming out of the rock. What is it? Good or bad? What do I do?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423985413.918779.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If I was you I would try to get em out.. Whenever I have something in my tank that im not sure about i take it out.. Better safe than sorry.

If I was you I would try to get em out.. Whenever I have something in my tank that im not sure about i take it out.. Better safe than sorry.

It's not always necessary to remove something. You're better off finding out what that something might be as it could be beneficial to the tank and removing it does more harm than good.

Op, as stated those are bristle worms and a free cuc. I'd leave them personally but the choice is yours. If you start to see what appears to be a bunch of them, it's a good sign of over feeding. If you choose to remove them, grab them with tweezers as the bristles contain a slight toxin. Some folks experience anything from nothing to a slight rash to swelling and irritation for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I agree. leave them be. They are relatives of the earthworm and eat uneaten food and fish poop. I dunno...I just think killing things off simply because you don't know what they are is the opposite of what we are trying to do here. Aren't we trying to create a miniature reef in our homes? If so, these critters are a part of that.

Bristles worms, I have the sames.

It's a free CUC, the best at cleaning inside de live rocks IMO.

They only harmfull if you touch them directly with your fingers, you'll get harm.

Back
Top Bottom